Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm still going

I've been asked many times lately if I'm still going. Due to the political climate, the riots and the possibility that I might not be able to get insurance, I briefly considered changing to another destination. I decided on Vietnam as my alternate. I emailed the program director in Thailand to get his take on the situation and he reassured me that I would be safe as long as I was smart and careful. That, along with my youthful delusion of invincibility, has given me the courage to brave the protesters. Also, my lazy nature made me reluctant to make all the arrangements required to switch locations.
Anyway, the trip is still most definitely on. I leave 4 weeks from tomorrow. Stay tune for more updates as I get closer to leaving.